You bought the house of your dreams. You’ve unpacked all the moving boxes and started to add your personal touch. Then the first thunderstorm reminds you that you forget to have a professional check the quality of the roof. Should you be worried about roof replacement?
Why a Good Roof Is Essential
Thinking about roof quality is a good thing. Your roof acts as the home’s first line of defense against moisture. You may not notice leaks immediately, but any moisture in the attic can lead to mold or water damage. A high-quality roof protects your home from rain, snow and ice for ages.
What Makes a Roof You Can Trust
Here are some factors that affect a roof’s longevity and performance:
- Roofing materials: The quality and thickness of roofing materials, such as shingles, has an effect on how well they stand up to multiple freeze-thaw cycles, wind and hail.
- Local climate: If you live in an area where hail and high winds are common, it’s a good idea to have roof condition evaluated more frequently.
- Roof age: Like make home components, some roofing materials are vulnerable to age. Over time, intense sunlight and physical damage can make them more brittle or prone to leaks.
- Original installation: The person or company that performed installation has a huge effect on roof performance. If it was a DIY job, sadly chances are high that leaks are an issue due to improper sealing or poor adherence.
What Professional Roofing Contractor Offers
Like a great doctor that takes the time to discover the problem before writing a prescription, expert roofing companies evaluate the condition of your home’s roof. They can solve problems in several ways:
- Preventive roof maintenance
- Roof repairs
- Old roof removal
- Complete roof replacement
- Application of energy-efficient roof coatings
If you suspect leaks or recently purchased a new home, the best course of action is always to contact a professional roofing company for an inspection. This way your family stays toasty and dry all year long.